Marion Brothers

Marion Brothers

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Reducing Crime is Hard Work

I wish that I could describe the breath of my work, but time and space will not allow.

Briefly, I work with a 300-person committee (12 subcommittees) reentry council, developing strategies and resources for ex-offenders to successfully reintegrate into society. We recently held a successful job fair for ex-offenders by private invitation, as a result of the Reentry Workforce Subcommittee.

In addition, I work with US Congressman Michael Burgess' Economic Summit Workforce-of-the-Future subcommittee.

Altogether, I work directly with about 500 people (either in their individual or official capacity) on the issue of getting Black kids into the economic mainstream, reducing poverty and suppressing crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment