Marion Brothers

Marion Brothers

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hillary Clinton and Liberal Paternalism

I resolved at a very young age that I'd been blessed and that I was called by my faith and by my upbringing to do what I could to give others the same opportunities and blessings that I took for granted. That's what gets me up in the morning. That's what motivates me in this campaign... I am Hillary Clinton and I approve this ad.

“… to give others the same opportunities and blessing that I took for granted.”

Eddie Griffin does not want anything that someone else “took for granted”. Sounds too much like leftovers. I want something they hold as precious, not the stuff taken for granted. There is already too much stuff taken for granted. Can Hillary Clinton give me more “take-it-for-granted” stuff that I don't already have?

Enough with the handouts- where’s the beef?

As for “giving opportunities and blessings”, Mrs. Clinton has no power to hand out “blessings”. Excuse men, "All blessings come from above". Therefore, she overstates her powers, as if she has some kind of “divine calling” (by her “faith”, by her “upbringing”, by her delusion) “to give others”, what others could get for themselves with real leadership, instead of hand-me-down favors, and promises of more social welfare upon which comes dependency.

If that is what motivates Hillary Clinton to "get up in the morning", then more power to her, just as long as she don’t feel like she is doing some great favor for “the poorest of the poor”.

Call it ungrateful or whatever. I am just tired of the liberal pap, from which poor people are forced to drink and become hopelessly addicted thereto.

And CBNnews calls this “Hillary Shining Moment”. Shh!

1 comment: