ELECTION CENTER – UNITY ‘08
BEFORE you go to the polls:
1. VERIFY your Registration Status BEFORE Election Day – Make sure you are listed on the registration roll by calling your local Board of Elections.
2. VERIFY your Polling Location before Election Day. Call 1-866-698-6831.
3. BRING YOUR I.D. Don’t Leave Home Without It! To be safe, bring your voter registration card, driver’s license, government-issued photo ID. If you have a problem voting call: Election Protection @ 1-866-OUR-VOTE.
4. VERIFY the date and location to vote early or absentee in your state @ www.blackcampaign.org then VOTE FIRST.
5. DO NOT WEAR anything with a candidate’s name. It is illegal to try to sway voters one way or another by the garb that you wear.
Amended and Endorsed by Eddie G. Griffin (BASG)
Tarrant County Elections
November 4, 2008 Election - Important Dates
September 5, 2008 First day to apply for a ballot by mail.
October 6, 2008 Last day to register to vote.
(Voter Registration applications must be received or clearly postmarked by this date.)
October 20, 2008 First day of in-person early voting.
October 28, 2008 Last day to apply for a ballot by mail.
(must be received, not merely postmarked)
October 31, 2008 Last day of in-person early voting.
November 4, 2008 ELECTION DAY
(polls open 7:00 AM until 7:00 PM)
November 10, 2008 Last day to receive absentee ballots sent from outside the United States (must have been placed in the mail by Election Day).